Feel the power of the Golf R
They say a lot of things about the Golf R. That it's potent at the throttle, with plenty of traction, grip and torque. That it's class-leading in space, interior, and all-round driver appeal. And that it’s the ultimate high-performance machine both on the streets and on the track. But those are all things better experienced than explained. Drive it for yourself.Book a Test Drive
Go from 0 to 100 in 4.8 blistering seconds with Golf R's 213kW 2.0L turbocharged petrol engine. You'll want to strap in for this one, as you hit a peak torque of 380Nm from only 1850rpm.
Quick off the mark
The 4MOTION all-wheel drive system distributes the TSI engine's power to all four wheels as required. This prevents wheelspin and helps your Golf R gain traction on virtually any surface. In combination with the 7-speed DSG dual clutch transmission, the new Golf R accelerates efficiently without traction loss.
Driving Profile Selection
Choose your type of sporty
The Golf R's track pedigree means it demands to be driven. And no matter what your driving style is, there's a mode for you. Be it eco, comfort, normal, race and individual, you drive it your way.
Design and navigation
Makes its presence felt
he Golf R has a striking, sharp design and colour range that turns heads wherever it goes. Sleek front and rear bumpers, lower air intake and guard panels, premium LED lights and arrestive 19-inch Spielberg alloy wheels, all work together to create the Golf R's inescapable presence.
The design of the interior is an effortless continuation of the exterior – perfectly capturing the motorsports feeling. Premium sport seats, attractive details made of Vienna leather appointed upholstery3, a fully-digital Active Info Display4 in the driver's console, and the latest generation 9.2-inch infotainment system helps you get the most out of your drive.
Overseas model shown.
Discover Media Navigation
Guided by innovation
The Discover Media Navigation system comes with all the features of the 8" Composition Media Display, but with a built-in navigation system offering 2D and 3D (bird’s eye) map views. Offering a wealth of innovative functions that leave virtually nothing to be desired, it's designed to make sure you stay on course, or help you explore a wide variety of attractions off course.
Staying inside the lines
The Lane Assist2 feature detects lane markings to assist you staying within your lane, making your drive more comfortable in heavy traffic.
Blind Spot Monitor
Sees around you
The Blind Spot Monitor2 warns you if a vehicle is in your blind spot with an LED display on your exterior mirror. When you’re reversing out of a space, it’ll also alert you if anything crosses your path.
Front Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control
Stress-free on the highway
The Front Assist2 area monitoring system includes City Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Monitoring, and with Adaptive Cruise Control2, you can feel more relaxed on the road.
Features & Colours
Customise Your Choice
Features of R
- Discover Pro audio and satellite navigation system
- Vienna leather appointed seat upholstery
- Electrically adjustable driver’s seat with memory function
- Alloy wheels (Spielberg) 19"
- R body styling
- Metallic and Pearl Effect paint finishes
Choose your exterior colour
Volkswagen Terms & Conditions +
- 1. Payload is defined as the Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) minus the Kerb Mass. Payload is the maximum combined weight of occupants, cargo, added structures and tow ball down weight (when towing). GVM must not be exceeded.
- 2. App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately).
- 3. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices.
- 4. Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather.
- 5. Optional accessories at extra cost. Overseas models are shown for illustrative purposes only. The above accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Items such as sports equipment, cargo carriers and bike racks are shown for illustration purposes only.
- ^ Manufacturers recommended retail price (MRRP)
- * Manufacturer's recommended driveaway price (MRDP) for new MY20 vehicles sold and delivered by 30/6/2020. MRDP is an estimated price which includes the recommended retail price, 12 months private registration, 12 months compulsory third party insurance (CTP), an estimated dealer delivery charge, stamp duty, options entered during the configuration process, and other applicable statutory charges. Actual prices and stock availability will vary between locations and dealers, and on-road costs will vary according to individual circumstances. Please contact your local Volkswagen Dealer to confirm your individual price and vehicle lead-time. Excludes other offers. Volkswagen reserves the right to extend, withdraw or change all offers.